Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Parking

Of all the struggles we have faced with our current store location, I would say parking is number one. We are in a strip center with two other businesses, and an additional two spots for lease. The other two tenants are great people, we all get along very well. One is a fitness center, that has really taken off. I honestly do not think there are even enough parking places here for that one facility. Sure, at times, the parking lot is virtually empty. But in the mornings and in the evenings parking places are definitely at a premium. The really bad thing is that the fitness people cannot walk very far!!! Or seemingly so. They will usually park right in front of my store. There are no designated spots, but it seems to me like people who are coming to work out anyway could walk a few extra steps and leave some parking for my old ladies!!! The guy who owns the fitness center has posted signs asking them to leave me some parking - but basically I have decided workout people are just self absorbed!! Now I know that is being pretty hard on them. Also, to be fair there are many who park out at the road and walk in. But it is usually the beefy weight lifters and the young men. Can you tell this bothers me??? I find it interesting that many of my customers will park out by the road and walk the extra steps even if the lot is not full. If they came in and looked around once in a while - I would be a bit less judgmental - I think. Oh yes then there is the one woman, who not only parks in front of the store, but comes in to get lotion out of the sample bottles before and after her workout. That is the only time she comes in. It is right now 3:35 and I am watching the parking lot fill up. By 5:00, more than likely there will not be a space to be had. That is the number one reason we are moving. The city of Nixa is so picky about water fountains, how about looking at parking spaces per sq. ft. rented? I feel so much better getting that all off my chest!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment