Friday, May 29, 2009

Moving Update

Since my last post many things have gotten done. The inspector finally came - before the fire department. He signed off on the store and then said we could open as soon as the fire department came. They finally came about an hour later. In fact they drove by the store and I ran out to flag them down!!! In the meantime Gary was coming up from Branson and stopped in the fire department to try to hurry things up. So a few wires crossed there. But it all turned out well. They signed off and we opened the store officially at 3:30 pm. Pretty much a bust of a day. I turned several people away - but hopefully they will or have already returned. We have everything pretty much arranged - needs to be tweaked - but that will come.  It looks pretty good to me. I have been training a couple of people to watch the store while I am gone on my trip with Gary. Not my favorite thing to do - but it has to be done. It is very hard for me to explain things that I just do without thinking about them!!! We have one more large piece of the puzzle to finish this move (and many small pieces!!) We still have to move our sign. It is amazing to me, with the economy so low, that people will not even call you back. I get fifteen calls a day from telemarketers - but if someone is supposed to be bidding on something - nothing!!  Finally we got someone - now - again - we are waiting on the city for the permit. I have resigned my self to the fact that it may not happen before we leave on our trip. Would sure be nice if I get surprised though.

No comments:

Post a Comment